Monday, December 10, 2007

Happy, um, Birthday?

So, yeah. Yesterday was my birthday and it seriously doesn't feel like it. Heck, it doesn't even feel like December really (note, I have not really started Christmas shopping yet and we are leaving on Sunday...)
Is it just me or is it the older I get the more anti-climactic birthdays are? And I promise, I'm not even 30 yet!

This weekend was crazy, but in a fun kind of way. Mostly. Let's just say that driving for hours with a screaming baby is the not fun part. But we went to Portland to go to a wedding and stayed with some cool friends of my husbands. Jason and Brian have been buddies since high school and J's wife Amber is one goofy girl. We get along great. She's pregnant and her new baby girl will be almost exactly one year younger than Cory. (I promise not to give away the name, Amber, sorry about the other night!)
Then we went to the wedding, which was a friend of mine from school days in Costa Rica. Seeing the pictures before the wedding told me they are perfect for each other. Lots of outdoors and climbing to the tops of mountains type pics as well as ones with goofy faces and face paint. They will have adventures I'm sure! I only knew one other girl there (also a schoolmate from CR), but it was nice to catch up with her. At the very end they had sparklers to see them off! Unique and slightly scary in a small space with a baby!

Jason and Amber took us out to brunch for my birthday at Mother's in downtown Portland. We almost didn't stay because it was a 45 minute wait, but we realized that in Portland it's not like Wenatchee and by the time we got to another place we might as well have just stayed. It was totally worth it! French Toast with cornflakes for batter. Crunchy and delicious! And they had dark hot chocolate! Yum! And then it decided to sprinkle snow. That was fun! And Brian's cousin John came for brunch so they got to talk. Sometimes I really wish we lived in Portland so we could hang out with these people more often.

Off to visit Cory's great-grandparents in The Dalles on the way home and Grandma made me a pineapple upside down cake for my birthday. Double yum! Actually they made it together since Grandma's wrists are so weak she can hardly pick up anything, but that made it extra special!

Now, organizing my house, trying to get Christmas cards in the mail (how did my list grow by 50% from last year to this year?) and think about how to get everyone a Christmas gift between now and Saturday... at least we will be home on Christmas Eve so I can do shopping for my family while we are in Oregon.

Here's to nothing more crazy being added to my week... and snow! So Brian can go skiing on Saturday!

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention... I'd like to win a stereo! So check this out from 5 Minutes for Mom and Best Buy. Wouldn't this be a sweet birthday present! :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I love Portland, too. It's a fun city to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, birthdays are totally anti-climactic as we get older. It's only those big milestone birthdays that get any attention anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! Gosh I'm such a crappy blog friend to be two days behind to stop and say H.B.!

    ReplyDelete

Shower me with your wit, your wisdom, or your funny stories! And please leave an email address if you would like a reply.